Sunday, November 8, 2015

SOFA

Sculpture Objects Functional Art and Design was last week in Chicago, and Ted and I went to see what's going on in the glass art world today. It was a quick trip and we were able to get into VIP night thanks to my membership in Friends of Fiber Art. So here are my favorites, down and dirty, for you to enjoy.

















 My favorites in the show were the glass houses


























Browngrotta had several pieces from a few artist that paved the way for modern fiber art, including those below












The show was about 75% glass by my estimation. Ted was in heaven, he was able to connect with a few former teachers, fellow students, and artists he admires.

Chicago was fun as it always is. Good food, great museums, and the weather was perfect




































No comments: